Monday, August 18, 2008

Macy's First Day!

My beautiful girl started first grade today! She was so excited. I so hope that enthusiam continues as she gets older. Here is her outfit that she picked out herself--remember, she won't let me pick it out.

Notice too that she doesn't have a backpack--but rather a "messenger bag." She thought they looked cooler. More evidence of how she is growing up.



Her new school has lockers, which she finds very cool. Yesterday we bought magnets to decorate her locker. She put them up when we got there, and then I noticed no one else was putting up magnets. All the little girls were huddled around Macy, and the looks on their faces was obvious: they wanted magnets. I imagine that's the first thing those girls will be asking for when they get off the bus tonight!

She started to get a little sad when I got ready to go, but then covered it up by asking where her crayons were. I showed her, then snuck out. Kaylin got REALLY upset at that point; she wanted to stay, and didn't understand why she couldn't stay with Macy. I imagine dropping her off at kindergarten next year will be a breeze.

No comments: